Data protection lawyers & European regulations
Well aware of the GDPR new provisions, our data protection lawyers will assist you
The GDPR provides for a harmonization of the data protection regulations throughout the European Union. It introduces new provisions our data protection oriented lawyers can help with:
- Valid consent must be explicit for data collected. Data controllers must be able to prove free and informed consent (opt-in) and consent may be withdrawn;
- Right to erasure under which the data subject has the right to request erasure of personal data related to him;
- Data portability which means that a data subject shall be able to transfer his personal data from one electronic processing system to and into another, without being prevented from doing so by the data controller. In addition, the data must be provided by the data controller in a structured and commonly used open standard electronic format.
- Data breaches; which implies that under the GDPR, the data controller is under a legal obligation to notify the Data Protection Authority of any serious data breaches without undue delay.
- Data protection by design and by default, which requires that data protection is designed into the development of business processes for products and services. This requires that privacy settings must be set at a high level by default, and that technical and procedural measures should be taken care by the controller in order to make sure that the processing, throughout the whole processing lifecycle, complies with the GDPR.
- Sanctions: fines up to 20000000 EUR or up to 4% of the annual worldwide turnover of the preceding financial year in case of an enterprise, whichever is greater, can be imposed by the Data Protection Authority.
If you have any questions regarding application of the GDPR or regarding this kind of issues, please do not hesitate to contact our data protection specialized lawyers.Contacter LG AVOCATS